This feature is available when we confirm, post a packing slip or invoice a SO/PO.
The use of this feature is to summarize all selected orders according to the criteria that is set in the Summary update parameters form, but only if summary updating is specified in the Summary update form. If not, the order will be posted separately.
To understand this feature in practical way, here we take an example of invoice posting of multiple SO based on the criteria set in the Summary Update parameters form.
- Setup of Summary Update option @ customer form
Select a customer -> Setup -> Check the option you want to use for Automatic Summary
- Navigate to A/R Parameters form -> Summary update -> Click on Summary updates parameters form
- Select criteria as Currency, Invoice account and Mode of delivery
- Close the form
Now create two new orders which should fulfill the matching criteria of above mentioned points;
In following highlighted SO,
- invoice account is same
- Currency is same as ‘INR’ (not visible here)
- Mode of delivery is same ‘AIR’ (not visible here)
Select any of the highlighted SO and click ‘Invoice’ button
- In ‘Posting invoice’ form, click ‘Other’ tab
- In Summary update drop down field, select option as ‘Automatic summary’
- Click ‘Select’ button
- Select both the highlighted orders ‘DYTE-000036’ & ‘DYTE-000038’
- Press Ok
- Click on ‘Arrange’ button & system summarize both the orders because of which in Packing sip field, value is changed to ‘multiple’
Click Ok to post the invoice
Navigate back to posted SO and check the Invoice id generated against both the orders
In following screen, it is clear that both the orders got posted against the same Invoice id
In the above mentioned example, if any of the criteria either invoice account, currency or mode of delivery would have been different, system would not have summarized both the orders and posting would have been done separately for both the SO.