Reason codes are information codes that the system prompts POS users to define at the time of entering a transaction.
The reason codes can be defined for transactions such as Sales, Returns or a customer selection.
The input the reason codes can be either from a list or a manual entry, the infromation captured is normally either a text, date or a number.In addition to capturing data at the time of recording a transactions the reason codes can also be assisgned to pre-defined store actions, retail items, Tender types, Customers & specific POS activities.
[su_spoiler title=”Creating Reason codes” Open=”Yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow-circle-1″]
Retail -> Setup -> Reason codes
- Click New to create a new Reason code
- Define values in fields:
- Reason code number: Unique Identifier
- Description: Description for the Reason code
- Prompt: Title of action the POS user needs to perform
- Input type: Used to validate the data entered for the reason codes, based on pre-defined types
- None: Input any value or leave blank
- Sub Code list: Refers to any funtion defined at the sub code
- Date: Prompt for date only.
- Numeric: Input a numeric data.
- Item: Allows cashiers to select an item that is not visible on POS for sales but is available in database.
- Customer: Can select a customer from a list.
- Staff: can select the cashier Id.
- Text: Input Text information
- Sub Code buttons: Refers to any funtion defined at the sub code
- Age limit: define that age limit for a customer to purchase item.
[su_spoiler title=”General Fast tab” Open=”Yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow-circle-1″]
- Input Required: Select if cashier to define value on the reason code prompt
- One time for each transaction: use it to define the frequency of defining the value in reason code
- Linked Reason Code: Select associated reason code when the reason code is closed.
- Maximum Values: Max. amount the staff can enter
- Minimum Values: Min. amount the staff can enter
- Maximum Length: Max. length of infocode
- Minimum Length: Min. length of infocode
- Frequency Percentage: Sets a frequency for the infocode to appear while recording transactions on the POS
- Store Inventory: Select if the reason code is to be used for counting.
[su_spoiler title=”Printing Fast tab” Open=”Yes” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow-circle-1″]
- Print prompt on receipt: Select if you need to print the prompt question on receipt
- Print input on receipt: Select if you need to print the response to the prompt on receipt
- Print input name on receipt: Select if you need to print the input name of the information on the receipt