Ax 2012 provides a feature to maintain record(s) as templates, this enables users to create records with reduced efforts. The record template feature is limited to specific masters, however this still is a very handy tool whereby the users can mark specific records as templates & re-use them to create other records. Released product, Customers, Vendors etc. are some of the forms which have the record template feature.
Creating a Record Template:
- Access any form as mentioned above (those having the Record template feature.)
- Select a specific record to be marked as template.
- Right click –> Record info
- Select the type of template to be created:
- User template – User specific template.
- Company accounts template – Available to all users in the legal entity
- System template – Templates used for the system forms; eg. users.
- Define a template name & description & click Ok to save the template.
Refer screenshot below:
Modify a Record Template:
- Home –> Setup –> Record Template
- Select the table for which the template is to be modified.
- Navigate to Templates tab & select the template to be modified.
- Click edit to modify the template.