Defining purchase lead times on a vendor, a vendor trade agreement, an item’s coverage settings, or an item.
During master scheduling in Ax, system searches for the purchase lead time according to the following priority:
- The Item coverage form –> Lead time tab. If the Purchase check box is selected, the Purchase time field is used.
- The Site specific order settings form –> Purchase order tab –> Purchase lead time field.
- The Default order settings form –> Purchase order tab –> Purchase lead time field.
A purchase lead time identified by using above method can be overridden, if a vendor is found based on trade agreements then the lead time from the trade agreement is used.
This applies in following conditions:
- No vendor is assigned to the item.
- The Find trade agreements check box is selected on the Master planning parameters form –> Planned orders tab.