Ax 2012 comes with the default feature of Management reporter where we can define Columns and Rows to run GL+Dimension combination reports. But sometimes if MR access is not with the users or MR license expired or some other reasons because of which MR is not accessible, there are few high level GL+Dimension reports which can be run within Ax application itself.
Refer the following steps;
First create Financial dimension set @ General ledger -> Setup -> Financial dimensions -> Financial dimension sets
Once financial dimension set is created, click on ‘Initialize balances’ (highlighted in Red).
- Navigate to General ledger -> Reports -> Summary trial balance report;
- Select Primary financial dimension set as Main account + Business Unit
- Select Main account value
- Select Business unit value
Run the report.
Apart from this, user can also filter transactions directly at Trial balance form based on financial dimension set;
- General ledger -> Common -> Trial balances
- Select financial dimension set
- Select a specific record to filter Business Unit wise record values
- Then click on menu button ‘Posted’ (to view transaction wise details)