The inventory adjustment journal (or Profit/Loss journal) is used to write-off or write-up inventory. It is an inventory adjustment journal for items lost, found or broken where item value and quantity must be updated to keep inventory accurate. Refer the following navigation to create and post inventory adjustment journal;
- Inventory and warehouse management —>journals—> Item transactions —>Inventory adjustment
- Click ‘New’ on the inventory adjustment journal form
- Once journal is created, click Lines
- A new journal lines form is opened
- Select following values in the journal lines form;
- Item number,
- Item dimensions if any (configuration, size, color),
- Storage dimensions (site, warehouse, location and pallet id)
- Tracking dimensions (Serial no., Batch no.)
- Value in Quantity field
If you are going to add the inventory, you need to put positive value in the quantity field. If the value is positive, you can edit the value displayed in Cost amount field.
If you want to remove or outtake the inventory you need to put negative value in the Quantity field. Here you can’t edit the values displayed in Cost amount field.
If require adding some more items, create another lines and enter all related values in related fields.
Now journal is ready to validate & post.