Here MS presents Conceptual architecture with the building blocks through which Ax 7 is organized.
- Ax 7 for all practical reasons is an online release of Dynamics ERP which is based out of Ax 2012 R3 CU9.
- MS has enhanced platform capabilities of Ax 7 to ensure smooth functioning of online services.
- MS has put a significant focus on the RED block which you see in the above said conceptual diagram.
- Development will be completely based on Visual studio.
- It will be accessible from different browsers, operating systems since it will be an online experience.
User provisioning and Access:
Azure Active Directory is required for user access and authentication to Dynamics AX7
Office 365 Tenant is required to provision and initiate setup of Dynamics AX7
Dynamics AX7 architecture enables complete web based access and no more Enterprise Portal and Rich Client user interfaces.
This helps reduce the footprint of hardware investment around Terminal Services or Citrix to access the client.
Development of Dynamics AX7 is done using Visual Studio. MorphX IDE is obsoleted.
Dynamics AX7 allows you the opportunity to Extend vs Overlay, in order to allow you to stay current with the Hotfixes and updates.
You can now use Power BI along with Excel applications for users to create adhoc reports.
Task guides serve a wealth of purposes, create editable training content for end users, record business processes to be documented in LCS, create scenarios for repeatable performance tests.
Here is the Integration overview unveils by MS;
Data Entities and Integrations:
New Data Management Framework is introduced as part of the Dynamics AX7 platform, to support the data export import scenarios, services etc.
Data entities are reimagined with Dynamics AX7 as a basis to support DIXF, Services etc.
Lifecycle Services (LCS)
- Deploy all Dynamics AX7 environments directly to Azure using LCS.
- Improved Usage Profiler, which simplifies the infrastructure estimation.
- Check out all the readiness material available to you directly in the Lifecycle Services project for Dynamics AX7.
- Support experience is driven through LCS and allows end users to report issues to their internal IT staff, partner, and if the customer/partner has a support contract they will be able to escalate the issue to Microsoft.
- Use LCS Update tile to download hotfixes for Dynamics AX7 to keep your system current.
- Review the new Diagnostics and Monitoring dashboards supporting the environment and application management needs.
Supported topologies include: Demo, Development/Test/Build, Sandbox and High availability models.