With the introduction of D365 for Finance and Operations also termed as D365O, Microsoft has opened the doors to larger possibilities and had also ensured that the application gets the required depth to sustain the dynamics business environment.
Looking at the D365O, one can observe lot of functionality level changes in addition to the architecture and the look and feel. The new D365O is hosted as web application thus reducing the dependency on the local infrastructure. The application is accessible as a web service/website.
We try to highlight the changes D365O offers as compared to the Ax 2012.
- As already discussed above the application is now available as a web application, that means we can access it over our browsers and can access it anywhere.
- The first screen provided is the revamped dashboard which acts as placeholder for all the workspaces
- The Vertical Menu bar that houses the access to modules, workspaces, favorites and recent forms.
- Module menus open as extended vertical menu
- Segregation of modules, D365O has some segregated modules thus adding a number of new modules some of these are Credit and Collections, Consolidations, Tax etc.
- Management reporter is replaced with Reporting with Power BI.
- Demo Data, a functionality that will generate demo data automatically.
These are some of the major changes that D365O offers, stay tuned for more on this new version.